If like me you've made use of the standard CompareValidator you'll know that it lacks one important feature for comparing strings - Case sensitivity. Whilst working on another control I needed a compare validator that had this capability, so I've created my own custom control - StringCompareValidator.
- CaseSensitive property to allow case-sensitive or case-insensitive comparisons.
- CompareOperator property to allow equal or not equal comparisons.
- Provides client-side and server-side validation.
- Tested in IE6 & IE7 (PC), IE5 (Mac), FireFox 2 (PC & Mac), Safari 2 (Mac), Safari 3 (PC), Opera 9 (PC).
- Full Visual Studio .NET designer integration.
- Works in a 'ViewState Disabled' environment.
- Compatible with Medium Trust environments.
Simple Online Demo
Simply download, add to your toolbox, drag 'n' drop to your page and set the relevant properties using the property grid.
Licensing & Download:
Free for both personal and commercial use, however please consider donating!
You may also redistribute the control royalty free, providing that you don't charge for it. Also, if you intend to distribute the control as part of an application which is publicly available it would be nice to know, although this isn't a requirement.
To download, please visit the 'Downloads' area.
Help & Support:
Please post in the forum.
Updated 11/07/2007 (v2.0.2):
- ViewState is no longer used to persist property values so the control works in a ViewState disabled environment.
Updated 07/06/2007 (v2.0.1):
Updated 05/06/2007 (v2.0.0):
- Few minor code tweaks.
- Added demo page to archive.
- Recompiled under .NET 2.0.
- Now runs in a medium trust environment.
- Help now compiled with Sandcastle.
For the previous .NET 1.1 version, please click here.