Following on from my previous post, I've also started to experience another problem. This time with Visual Studio .NET and it taking forever to open a Web Project.
Whilst testing I noticed that opening the Web with FrontPage was as quick as I would expect, however when opening with Visual Studio, it took forever. After it had been opened with Visual Studio, trying to re-open with FrontPage was also extremely slow.
I noticed on the server, that two w3wp.exe processes were being spawned, one running under 'System' and one running under 'Network Service'. Whilst opening with Visual Studio, if I switch to the server and kill the process running under 'System', it opens the project immediately... strange!
Research on Microsoft's knowledgebase points to an article which has a hotfix available. However, upon contacting Microsoft, it would appear that this hotfix has been withdrawn and replaced with a new one, which I was sent. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem, and as I'm not prepared to pay the £185+ fee to find out what's causing it, killing a second process when it happens, is a cheap workaround.
I believe MS are aware of this problem and it should be fixed in the .NET Framework v1.1 SP2.